Thursday, April 10, 2008

Days 44 and 45: wow, three whole days in a row

I can hardly believe I have resisted during these three rainy, dreary days in a row. It's easy to see how Seattle was the place that kick-started this whole specialty-coffee craze. I can't say it hasn't been tempting. The last two days I have had this debate in my mind as I drove my son to school. I would decide to stop and get a latte...then decide against it....then decide I really wanted one...then finally decide I'd get just as much enjoyment for a lot less cash if I just went home and made tea. I'd kind of like that sense of accomplishment that I felt the first week I started doing this. Another factor is the environment. Like pretty much everyone these days, I am being constantly reminded that we are trashing our planet. It seems like we need a complete overhaul in how we do pretty much everything...but meanwhile if each of us does our small part we could actually make a difference. So, rather than add another cardboard cup to the landfill, I can just drive on by. (Now, about all the driving I've been doing...but that is a topic for another blog...which I might just have to create.)

No comments: