Friday, March 21, 2008

Days 12-24: every day, twice a day, who's counting?

Starbucks is harder to resist than I realized. Ever noticed they are EVERYWHERE? After repeated exposure I even tried the honey latte they were promoting relentlessly...YUCK.
I'm back to the old excuses, I'm on vacation, I'm hanging out with a friend, I need to stay awake to drive, I need energy to clean the house, etc. etc.
Like a total addict, it seems I can't regulate myself to a once-a-week treat. If it's okay on Tuesday, then why not Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, too? I admit it's harder when I'm traveling. After five hours on I-80, I feel like a latte will bring me some small amount of joy and mix things up a bit. Today I'm back home, and happily enjoyed my two cups of Tazo Awake tea (YUM), and lattes aren't even on the radar. Still think the money would be better spent saving for a more secure financial future or bringing life-changing water and sanitation to the people of Malawi. So, I'm going to keep trying to quit. And so, I start over. I'm not planning to leave the house today, so I should be able to keep myself from buying a latte. (If they ever made a Latte Truck, like the Ice Cream truck, that came around the neighborhood, how much trouble would I be in.) (Speaking of which, wow! What a great idea! I could get rich off the Latte Truck! Nobody steal my idea, OK?)

No comments: