Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I wish I had invented Starbucks

Every time I go there I think, look at all these people, like myself, who have gone out of their way to spend their hard-earned money on overpriced coffee drinks. Yesterday, we were on our way out of town and stopped by the grocery store just for Starbucks. As I was running in to grab two tall extra-hot vanilla lattes, I saw a man carrying two Starbucks cups back to his own car.
Anyway, tea is fulfilling my caffeine needs most days. Lately I've only had lattes when we are away from home.
I am almost out of black tea. I haven't bought any more because I'm trying to make the switch over to green tea, and just get more sleep. I have LOTS of green tea. The problem is I don't like it as much. We'll see.

1 comment:

Kersten said...

I love it! Great new blog! I love your idea of giving the money you save to charity...so wonderful! I love chocolate shakes and needed to give them up too, so I invented this drink where I blended up 2 ice cubes, 1cup milk, sugar and cocoa powder and to me it looks like an iced latte. I don't know if it tastes similar, but maybe you could invent something in the blender that you would like!